Thursday, March 29, 2007

Hold the hand of the person whom you love



Little girl and her father were crossing a bridge.

The father was kind of scared so he asked his little daughter, "Sweetheart, please hold my hand so that you don't fall into the river."

The little girl said, "No, Dad. You hold my hand."

"What's the difference?" Asked the puzzled father. "There's a big difference," replied the little girl.

"If I hold your hand and something happens to me, chances are that I may let your hand go. But if you hold my hand, I know for sure that no matter what happens, you will never let my hand go."

In any relationship, the essence of trust is not in its bind, but in its bond.

So hold the hand of the person whom you love rather than expecting them to hold urs...

5 comments:

DK-MCK said...

Any time and Every time.
Do ever...but expect never...
great

jorgen said...

I like what you wrote, you made that up yourself?
Jorgen

jorgen said...

I like the story about the daughter and the father. It doesn't mather if you made it up or not. The fact is that I loved to read it.
Sometimes I surf from blog to blog. Not often I find something interesting.
Good luck, have a nice day.
Jorgen

jorgen said...

I won't make a reference to any blog from mine. What I want to do is simply write from Jan 07 to Jan 08. Just to see what will happen in my life and be conscious about it. It's nice of you to propose it. You can make a link from yours but you don't have to. Good luck. Jorgen

Emmie said...

I loved that story. It is true trust counts in so many ways and we have to stop looking at the bind and start looking at the bonds that ties us together in any relationship.