Sunday, May 13, 2007

A compromise or a confrontation?


“My dear…. I did not see you for the whole day… when did you come darling?”
“Hey mum... Now you can’t meet me that easily! Now I am a big officer in a big company… you have to knock before you come in to my room and…”
This is a part of a conversation I happened to hear between a mother and a well-educated son.Without even knowing my eyes were wet (but knowing the son I am sure this was a joke. but there are things like this which happen in reality, not only for jokes. so thought of jotting down the above conversation as well.).
I m curious!!!!“What has happened to the society today?”
I can’t believe this my friends! Can anyone tell me why??
Is this what a mother who faces agony to give birth to a child and spend her whole life to see her child grow up and well established in society gets in return…? Every year’s second Sunday in May allocated for her; Is that all what she gets? what she deserves?

With her compassion a mother will not say a single word to hurt her child, but children! Why children do like this to their parents? This is a society, which enriched a culture, which was adored by the entire world. What happened to the culture we had? The culture where adults were considered superior; where the society valued good qualities to money? Have people gone to the Stone Age again? What has happened to the morals? Has they faded away with the development in the economy?
These questions have been bothering me for a long time but after hearing a story few days back I thought of asking you through horizOon. However Until today I didn’t get the opportunity. As it is world’s mother’s day I guess there is no other better day to write on this…
I thought of sharing that touching story in addition.I am really sorry to hear this story even and I am sure you too will feel it.
A mother of about eighty year has been abandoned in a government quarters by her educated son and daughter in law. The couple that built a new house has moved out to their new home leaving the mother alone in the public place. The son has asked the mother to find shelter before the government takes the premises back. The mother who has no aid after left over by her only son is in the government quarters till someone else occupies it. She leads her life in misery. The old lady does not have an income or any assistance. A neighbor who went with some food to her one day, has found the mother eating a scrap of bread which was about two days old with a piece of salt with great difficulty.
Can you imagine my friends a mother who expended her whole life to see her child grow up and be a government officer is living like this? A mother who turns her red blood in to milk to feed her child; what did she got in return? “A scrap of bread with fungus on it with salt” is that what she deserves????
They have assigned
a day for mothers…. Do we need a day for mothers my dear friends??? If mother loved you and treated you equally on everyday of her life why do we have a date named for her??? Will a bouquet of flower; a card will repay what she gave her child? Can we just wipe our hands thinking we celebrated mother’s day and that is all we have to do for our mother? Will it pay our debts for our mum?
I guess it is time for you to think… are we going to think of our beloved mother only on that so-called mothers day?? What is the meaning of celebrating a day for her name if the children do not treat their mothers well?
This is pathetic my friends! This is a society, which treasured morals more than anything, but today? It seems people have forgotten their values! Above is not the first story and if we don’t act fast it will not be the last either! People are in a race.
Money and fame… is that all matters? Please my friends don’t let them blind fall and forget their values! Don’t let them forget they are humans! Come my friends its time to open your eyes before it is too late. Don’t let money seize our values!!!

No comments: