Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Tsunami.... comes unexpected! leaves so fast....! still memories will remain!


After a massive earthquake shook Indonesia a few hours ago, there was a tsunami alert in Sri Lanka.The 8.2-magnitude quake off Sumatra killed seven people, injuring 100s and triggering a small tsunami that hit one city on the island of Sumatra.
Tsunami warnings were issued for much of the Indian Ocean region.
Hearing about the Tsunami alert every body was trying to contact the people they know in the coastal areas.I was on my way back home from work and also tried to call my friends who are passing the sea area at that time, and also the people who live near the sea. As there was a huge congestion in telephone lines it was really hard to get the numbers. I tried all possible numbers and unfortunately or fortunately the first number i could get in to was a person who do not think i am a friend of that person anymore.and i did not remind the way that person think of me, only I felt that I should give the message to as many as possible 'cz its an emergency.
but when that person acted as if that person cant even recognize me I was so confused...shocked is the correct way I guess. At that moment I thought though that person think me as an enemy, it does not matter to me, that person is also a human so I should give the message and keep, and I did as I thought.

Now it says there is no tsunam
i fear... but within me..there is a tsunami a big wave of feelings!
yea... Tsunami... it was a new to sri lanka back in 2004 and today all felt facing the same tragedy again... but what is new to me is the way people change! I knew people change but never imagined this fast!
yea now I feel that there are some people like tsunami... comes unexpected! then leaves so fast and forgets you so fast!
but still the memories of Tsunami will remain!

No comments: